by Amy Vickrey, Dawn Spence, & Peggy Ployhar
It’s the end of the year 2021 and the holidays bring down time. This lack of structure brings freedom and sometimes that can mean added stress. You might use this time of the year to reflect and work on activities that will help you to grow closer as a family in the new year. The following is a list that provides activities to do New Year’s Eve to ring in the New Year. Have a blast and start off the year with fun activities that will engage the whole family.
New Year’s Eve Countdown Fun
- New Year’s Eve Countdown Activities – On the hour fun, kid friendly, activities from 8am to 9pm your whole family will enjoy this New Year’s Eve
- Build a Lego New Year Ball Drop – A fun New Year’s Eve project that will keep little hands busy
- New Year Family Games – 12 fun New Year’s Eve games for the whole family to enjoy
- Mystery Countdown – Solve a mystery together with a new clue each hour as you countdown to the New Year.
- New Year’s Eve Bingo – Printable New Year’s Eve Bingo cards are fun for the whole family.
- Countdown Activities – Great list of New Year’s Eve activities for counting down to the New Year.
- New Year Kid Friendly Food – Kid-friendly appetizers and recipes for counting down to the New Year!
- New Years Eve Games and Activities for Kids – 15 games and activities for the whole family.
New Year’s Day Activities
- Activities to Ring in the New Year – Family fun for New Year’s Day at home
- New Year Craft – create a family bucket list for the New Year
- New Year’s Day Activities for Speech and Language – Ring in the New Year with these fun activities for New Year’s Day
- Printable New Year’s Day Activities – Check out these great printables for New Year’s Day
- New Year’s Day Printable I-Spy Activities – Fun Printable I-Spy activities for New Year’s Day
Activities that Usher in the New Year with Purpose
- A Box to Make the Year Special – make a special place for go-to activities for family time each month.
- Creative and Interactive Money Activities for Kids – Fun ways to involve children in family finances from a young age
- Bucket List for the New Year – over 100 bucket list ideas for the New Year
- Things Kids Should Do Before They Grow Up – check out this list of 82 things every child should enjoy before they grow up!
- Winter Bucket List – This fantastic winter bucket list is full of ideas that can be started today!
- New Year’s Activities that Support Language – These fun activities will help get the whole family talking.
- New Year’s Resolutions for All – Help everyone in the family set goals for the New Year!
If you did not find something that matched your needs, look at this blog on adaptive ways to capture the New Year with your child. May you find joy in your homeschooling journey this year. Have a happy New Year 2022!