It’ that time of year again, when everything is pumpkin flavored, field trips consist of visits to apple orchards, corn mazes, and pumpkin patches…and school starts to develop a routine.
I am all for routine, and so are most of our special education homeschooled kids, but sometimes it’s nice to add a touch of the season to our school lessons. So, if you’re feeling the need to add some seasonal flair to your special education homeschooling, here are 20 ways to add some fall spice to your schedule.
20 Fall Special Education Homeschooling Activity Links
- Fall Candy Science – Ideas on how to use candy corn for a variety of STEM activities
- 10 Fall Movement & Sensory Activities – Both inside and outside fall activities
- Pumpkin Craft for Speech Activities – Craft and activity that can be used to work on any speech goals
- Fall Themed OT Activities – 30 fall activities to choose from to add a seasonal theme to your home-based OT
- Fall & Thanksgiving Themed Unit Study – Ideas for fall and Thanksgiving books, crafts, activities, studies, writing projects, and games
- Why Do Leaves Change Color Science Project – Using just simple things you already have in your yard and house, you can teach this easy seasonal science lesson
- Autumn Sensory Story – Lots of links and ideas on how to create a sensory storytelling experience for a child with multiple learning delays and/or who is blind/visually impaired
- Halloween Social Stories – 16 different stories to help teach children learn how to deal with Halloween social situations, as well as 2 videos parents will find helpful
- Fall Lego Building Challenges – 20 Lego building challenges all based around the fall seasonal theme
- Fall Tree Luminaries Craft – Easy craft project that turns basic jars into glowing works of art
- Leaf Preservation Ideas – Learn 3 different ways to preserve beautiful fall leaves
- Fall Sight Word Scavenger Hunt – Make reading more active, while working on sight-words with this great outdoor scavenger hunt
- Scarecrow Alphabet Activity – Help your child work on letter recognition with this fun scarecrow activity you can create with felt, a die and some stickers
- 20 Fall Speech and Language Activities – Lots of great fall resources on this post to help you work with your child on speech and language goals
- Fall Leaf I Spy Game – Free printable game of Leaf I Spy
- 30+ Pumpkin Learning Activities – Great list of many ways to use pumpkins to teaching learning concepts
- 40 Fall Fine Motor Activities – Extensive list of ideas on how to incorporate the fall theme into fine motor skills practice
- Fall Books for Speech Therapy – Learn how to use 4 popular fall books to work on speech goals
- Pumpkin Writing – This cute craft and writing project will get your child writing with simple prompts what require short answers on how to step by step carve a pumpkin
- Fall Unit Study – This study contains ideas on ways to incorporate the fall theme when teaching literature, language, art, math, science, and even history to your child
For more fall SPED homeschooling ideas, make sure to check out our SPED Homeschool Fall Pinterest Board. There are new pins being added to the SPED Homeschool Pinterest boards every day, so subscribe to all of them so you don’t miss a thing.