Otsimo is a certified and awarded educational game application developed for individuals diagnosed with learning disorders, attention deficit disorder, autism, Down syndrome, and other special needs. It has been awarded by Mom’s Choice Awards, Parent’s Pick Awards, Academics’ Choice Mind-Building Media and Toys Award, certified by Education Alliance Finland, picked for HundrED Global Collection of 2020 and 2021, and as well as being chosen as the best autism app by many autism publications.
Created under the guidance of parents, psychologists and special education teachers; assistive games in Otsimo teach fundamental education and concepts that develop cognitive, communication and motor skills with categories such as:
– Vocabulary and words,
– Vehicles and so much more.
Otsimo Special Education engages the children’s motor and cognitive skills through assistive matching, drawing, choosing, ordering with the help of visual and auditory cues.
For children who struggle with speech and language, Otsimo includes free AAC (Alternative and Augmentative Communication) module updated in mid-2021 with 1700+ unique words. AAC is an alternative communication method for nonverbal children. It is a common practice that is used in speech therapy and special education schools.
Why you should consider trying Otsimo Special Education?
- Learning path: is a feature to provide the most personalized experience for your child. The app provides a learning path individualized for your child. Depending on the progress of your child, the learning path adjusts.
- Customizability: All the game and difficulty settings are completely customizable for you to adjust for your child.
- No ads, ever: Otsimo Special Education follows a strict no-ads policy preventing any kind of intrusion and unwanted disturbance.
- Detailed progress reports: You can access detailed reports that give insight into the performance and progress of your child. The games they have played and the skills they have been working on will all be in this report! So don’t worry about what your child is up to with Otsimo.
Otsimo Special Educational Game App
SPED Homeschool Review Crew Feedback
What was the one thing that most impressed you about this curriculum?
Appropriately Repetitive, colorful fun game format with a tailored made pretest to place the student where they will start learning at their interest and ability level. It sets the curriculum so that it covers the needed academic, cognitive, social and emotional skills for young students or those who are on the spectrum helping them to gain growth in these key areas in a fun repetitive game based well reinforced format that is not exhausting for them.
What should parents of children with learning needs be aware of when looking into this curriculum?
This is best for young children learning basic skills or older students who are on the autism spectrum. It is a more intensive repetitive program for kids who really struggle across all academic, cognitive and social areas. It is wise to play with the 7 day free trial first before buying to make sure it is right for your child and that your smart devise will work with this program.. It is an exclusively smart device based app for newer ipad/iphone or android phones only. (at least 6th generation or newer i pad/phone.) It will not work on older Android or “I” apps. At this point they do not have a desk top version available.