Resources for Homeschooling Adopted and Foster Children
Are you homeschooling a child who was adopted or who you are providing foster care for? Looking for resources to help you in this endeavor? This guide will provide you with many practical tips as well as encouraging stories from people who know what it is like to homeschool children with similar challenging needs so you too can be equipped for the journey.
Featured Podcasts & Full Length Videos
Creating a Joyful Adoptive Home
An interview with Jennifer Cullimore, former Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist and adoptive homeschooling mom who is a.k.a – The Therapy Mama on YouTube and Teachers Pay Teachers.
Creating Positive Learning Environments from Challenging Homeschooling Situations
An interview with Cindy LaJoy, homeschool and adoptive mom & creator of Blue Collar Homeschool.
Connecting with Your Adopted or Foster Child So They Can Learn and Grow
An interview with Ethan Demme, foster dad & President and CEO of Demme Learning.
Here are links to the rest of the videos from this topic series:
- Celebrating Your Adopted Child’s Unique Joys
- Creating Meaningful Memories with Adopted Children
- Advocating and Assisting to Meet Your Child’s Specific Needs
- Homeschooling Your Dependent Child into Adulthood
- Transition Goal Setting for Older Students with Special Needs
- The Importance of Setting Priorities as a Foster Parent
- Helping a Foster Child Develop Empathy
- How Connecting First Improves Learning Outcomes
- Strategies for Teaming Up with Your Special Needs Teen
- Moving on to Learn New Skills is Not Giving Up on Your Child
- The Most Important Skills to Teach Any Student