SPED Homeschool Awareness Celebrating Our Stories
Feeling alone in your special education homeschooling journey? These articles and videos featuring families just like yours will encourage you and remind you that you are not alone and that each step is worth the effort in helping your child towards educational success.
Featured Podcasts & Full Length Videos
Why We Chose to Homeschool & How We Got Started
An interview with Leilani Melendez, a homeschooler, ex-classroom teacher, down syndrome mom, and YouTuber.
When Circumstances Dictate that You MUST Homeschool
An interview with Amanda Holloway, a homeschool mom and business CEO. Amanda will be sharing with us about her son’s difficult journey into homeschooling and why homeschooling was a MUST for their situation. Amanda will also be sharing on how she homeschools her son while running a business and how parents can do both if necessitated by their circumstances.
Special Needs, Adoption, Large Family & Homeschooling Possible
An interview with Debbie Carlow, from “Just A Different Life” YouTube Channel which has the following description: “A large family created biologically and through adoption. Multiple special needs, homeschool, adoption, a lot of love and a bit of crazy!”
Here are links to the rest of the videos from this topic series:
- Choosing Homeschool Curriculum by Following Your Child’s Lead
- What to Consider When Deciding to Homeschool A Child with Special Needs
- Homeschooling in Public with a Special Needs Child
- Why You Should Write An IEP for Your Special Education Homeschooler
- When You Suspect Abuse in Your Child’s Special Education Classroom
- Focused on the Positives of Special Needs Homeschooling
- Hands-On and Life Skills Learning for ALL Abilities in Your Homeschool
- How to Not Homeschool Special Needs Alone
- Slowly Easing Into Your Homeschooling Year
- How a Visual Timers Get Your Homeschooled Student Back on Task
- Changing Up Your Homeschool Curriculum to Fit the Needs of Your Child